Tibet Visa Rule when entering from Nepal to Tibet only
China visas issued in the passport by other Chinese embassies are not valid for Tibet entry from Nepal. The Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu must issue the Chinese visa for Tibet entry, which will be in a piece of paper (sample copy of group visa has been pasted in page 2, please scroll down), commonly known as a Group visa. The group visa can be issued for one person onwards and will be valid till the duration of the tour only. The rule of having a minimum 5 persons in a group to visit Tibet is NOT applicable currently.
Process of Issuing China visa for bet permits are required for China visa application.
1. Tibet permits are Tibet Entry from China:
2. This process takes a minimum of30 working days.
3. Minimum15 working days are required to process the China visa at the Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu.
If visa fees increase during the time of application, the extra cost will have to be paid by the clients.
four weeks prior to arrival in Kathmandu the following document must be emailed to us to process Tibet permits.
1. copy of the photo page of the passport. Can be scanned or a digital photo. The photo in the passport must be clearly visible, otherwise applications will be not be accepted by authorities. Passport must be valid for at least 180 days from the date of entry in Tibet.
2. Visa form to be filled and sent to us by email.
Following will be collected by our representative from clients on arrival in Nepa for China visa .
1. passport Must be the same passport as sent earlier for China permits. If passport is different Chinese embassy will not accept visa application resulting in not being able to enter Tibet.
2. One color passport size photo.
3. Cash US$ 400 if Uk passport holder or cash US$ 215 if another passport holder. No credit cards of traveler’s cheques accepted for this.
1. If you are exiting from Tibet to any of the cities in China. We need to know the city that you will be finally exiting China. In such case we will apply a separate visa for you which must mention the name of the Chinese city that you will be exiting from.
2. Chinese Group Visa cannot be extended or exit cities names cannot be changed.
Tibet Visa Rule when entering from mainland China to Tibet only
When group is entering Tibet from mainland China, (i.e. via Chengdu, Beijing and then to Lhasa) a China visa [L/T class] is required. Please note that while applying for Chinese visa you should NOT mention in the application Permits to enter Tibet. Our office in Lhasa will process your Tibet Permits. These permits must be delivered to you in the city where you will board your flight to Lhasa. board your flight to Lhasa. The cost of the Tibet permit has been included in your tour cost.
The following countries have to apply China & Tibet Group Visa in their own respective country:
|3||Tajikistan||11||Libya||19||Democratic Republic of Congo|